Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

I've been looking forward to our quiet little Thanksgiving at home, but it seems a little strange as I've been getting ready today. I'm cooking for seven people, it seems like there should be a 4 or 5 in front of that seven. My turkey is 13 pounds, looks more like a big chicken to me. I've been dreading getting up in the middle of the night tonight to put it in the oven, because that's what I remember Mom doing. Turns out you don't have to cook a 13 pound turkey for twenty hours, so I'm going to sleep in. I made two pies, just two. (Maybe I should of made more though, because I could eat two.) Still need to make the homemade blue cheese dressing tonight. I always think of Aunt Chris when I make that.

I'm so grateful this Thanksgiving to have come from an awesome family, to have married into an awesome family, and to have my own awesome little family. I hope each of you have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment