Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Boo




What's worse than Halloween? Having to do it twice. I hate when Halloween doesn't fall on a school day and we get a "Double Halloween." Boo! Not a spooky boo either, just boo. I know, I know, every party has a pooper. But I didn't even like dressing up as a kid, and I always felt like a beggar when I went trick or treating.

So here's how it went for my kids-

Friday- Class parties, candy, candy, candy, rootbeer floats, donut, and another donut. Cupcakes for entering the pumpkin carving contest, licorice, homemade oreos, more candy. Pizza for dinner (my fault), then costumes on and we're out the door heading to the PTA carnival. Pixie sticks, candy bars, more cupcakes at the cake walk, suckers at Frankenstein's lab, smarties from the haunted fish pond. Ahhh, finally home.

Saturday-12:53 a.m. I wake up to Rylan standing next to my bed whimpering, "Mom, I think I'm gonna fro up." And he did.
9:00 a.m. livestock parade, then eat more candy.
1:00 p.m. off to get the blazer inspected (since it was the last day of the month). Didn't pass without new brakes, boo. (Once again, not a spooky boo, just boo.)
4:30 p.m. on with the costumes, on with the mullet, off to the ward trunk or treat. Oooo, windy and cold. To Grandma Sylvia's house, and finally back home. Off with the costumes, except for Darren who loved his mullet WAY too much. Mmmm, chili and bread sticks taste better than candy. And it's over until next year, and that's the part I liked.






2 comments:

  1. Kiddo's way too cute. Darren? Looks like he does love that mullet way to much. You probably need to hide it.

    Our BOO!! Halloween. Next day at Emergency Room possible appendisitis. Nope, constipation from way to much candy. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...You are so funny. Sorry about the fro up! Never a good way to start the day! Love the costumes...except Darrens~ Just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete