Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Baggin' The Big Buck


Last weekend we headed to the ranch in search of giant bucks. We figured that the two hours in between general conference sessions on Saturday would be quite enough time to find these monster deer (and that was all the time we had). So off we trudged into the wilderness, one hunter, one wife, two boys, one little girl who needed a nap, one dog, one muzzle loader, four fence posts, one chainsaw, and one big bundle of wire. (The hunter had some work to do along the way.)
We moved ever so quietly through the forest. Like stealth ninjas. Like stealth ninjas who carried chainsaws and fence posts. Strangely enough, we didn't see any deer.

Except for this one. He is not a mule deer however. We think he may be some sort of exotic species.
Daisy bravely protected us from wild beasts who were likely also in search of big bucks.

And we all got as dirty as possible.


I love hunting. I love my hunter. I love that my hunter thinks spending a fall afternoon with his family is much more fun than baggin' the big buck.






1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Thanks for making me laugh on a tough day! Chell

    ReplyDelete