Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Optimist Goes Back To School


My little optimist went back to school today. He has been SO excited to go back. Unlike his pessimistic mother, he never has any anxiety about starting a new year. When we saw his new class list I said, "I don't see any of your friends on this list." He said, "I'm sure I'll make new friends." When I said, "Your new teacher is Mrs. Taylor, I don't know anything about her." He said, "I bet she's really nice." When I sighed, "Your classroom is clear at the back of the school." He said, "Yep, right next to the door where the bus drops me off!" Your glass is half full Marc, and I love you for it!


Rylan doesn't start kindergarten for another 10 days. But, thankfully his appointment to meet his teacher fell on this day. He got to meet his darling teacher Mrs. Ross and look around the classroom. On the way out he said, "Wow Mom, that didn't make my tummy hurt like swimming lessons did." He was very brave.....so was I. Ten more days to wear his backpack around the house and ask me five time a day, "How many more days until kindergarten?"

No comments:

Post a Comment